From:
Lisa Whittleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:57:56 -0700
Hi,

My little girl has been diagnosed with adrenal disease for a little over
4 months now.  She has been on a monthly does of Lupron and was getting
it at one vet for three of her four shots since.  The fourth shot I got
at a different vet (due to moving).

He said it was a different "concoction" of Lupron than what she had been
given and recommended getting it at 6 week intervals (also mentioning it
can be stretched to 8!!).  However, it's been almost 4 weeks, her vulva
has become enlarged again and she has severe aggression.

Her aggression has been pretty bad since the diagnosis but now it's
almost unbearable.  When she is out, no one can have skin exposed because
she will bite and bite and bite easily breaking or puncturing skin.  Is
this severity of aggression common in ferrets with adrenal?  Does anyone
have any suggestions as to what I can try?  Bitter apple is a joke at
this point as is scruffing her or giving her "time outs".  I tired the
positive approach of putting Ferretone or hairball remedy on my hands but
that's just asking for it.

I am trying to bump my appointment for her next shot to a closer date but
it may not be feasable.  Until then, anyone with ideas or any comment to
the frequency of dosage, please write me back.

Lisa and her (chompy) baby Cinnamon