From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:13:21 -0400
This site answers a number of questions:
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=apcc_poisonsafe

Also check holiday plants in:
http://www.aspca.org/site/FrameSet?style=User&url=../toxicplants/M01947.htm
   and
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=apcc_nontoxicplants

There are also other fine sites to utilize!

Sukie who is thinking that "Cakewalk" would be cool ferret name because
it is so ironic and circular (It began as a slave dance which humorously
parodied white society and later was used by black-face theater, so it
became a black parody of whites taken up by whites (and some blacks)
in black-face, at least some of whom -- esp.  the whites involved, I
suspect -- thought that they were parodying blacks without getting the
joke behind it all.) Also, the rhythms in the Cakewalk are part of the
foundation of first ragtime and then its child, jazz.  So, ask a dancing
ferret who needs a name... Of course, I am sure there are those who will
carefully explain to me that what a ferret would do on a cake is not a
walk! ;-)