From:
C & R Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 20:47:09 -0800
I recently visited CJ, at the 24 Carat Rescue in Las Vegas and was very
impressed with her rescue.  As a former resident of Las Vegas I can
sympathize with her dilemma.  She has managed well after the Mike Tyson
episode and with the people who make up that city.

We discussed a plan that I think could help benefit all ferrets from the
Rocky Mountains to the beautiful shores of California.  She helps rescue
the ferrets who find themselves captured behind unfriendly lines
(CALIFORNIA BORDER).  But, she also has to deal with the overflow of
IRRESPONSIBLE pet shops and ferret purchasers of the ville not known for
its stable security.  Ferrets are discarded in sin city like dice on a
craps table.  CJ, does her best in an economy known for its disposable
resources.

I would like to be contacted by other ferret rescues in Upper state Nevada,
California, Colorado, Idaho, and Wyoming, who might want to set up a ferret
rescue relay to help unburden the California shelters and get the Ferrets
to Ferret FREE STATES.  Kinda like a Ferret Underground Railroad, for all
of those people out there who were awake during history class.

If you would be interested in this, please contact me.

Rick Roller
United Ferret Organization
668 Union Square #234
Sandy, Utah 84070