From:
Shannan Skitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:30:46 -0500
Hi Gang!

I wanted to send out a reminder about the Pet Pals Gift Exchange to
benefit Ferrets Unlimited. It's open to all types of animals and is a
great and inexpensive way to get a surprise under the tree this year.
Each participating pet (or group of pets) will be assigned a Pet Pal
to send a gift to, in return someone will send a surprise gift to you.
It's a really fun and a great way to connect with others that love
their little guys as much as we do! So far we have a couple of Water
Dragons, Fish, Bunnies, and tons of Chihuahua's signed up!

The gifts have a $20 limit which means you can still get a nice gift
(think a dozen N-Bones!) and not break the bank. You'll also be getting
something in return and I for one find it really interesting to see
what other pet owners would get for my kids.

So how does it benefit Ferrets Unlimited? Well each pet you register
will be given the name of a ferret that's spending the holidays in
shelter. You do not have to send a donation or gift, just a card and in
return your shelter ferret will be mailing you a card also. Our goal is
to have a partner for each ferret (that's over 100 right now!). This
will help to both boost the moral of all the volunteers in shelter,
imagine spending your holiday reading special cards to all the kids and
knowing that people out there do care and that they will find homes
eventually. In addition it will help to raise awareness for ferret
shelters and reach a new community. I've had many non-ferrents sign
up their dogs, cats, etc and comment that they had no idea there were
ferret shelters. If even 10 of these people enjoy the event and get
a cute picture/gift from a fuzzy pal they may look twice at a ferret
shelter next time they make a donation, shop on Ebay or Cafepress.

This is why I'm asking you to sign up! I know you guys are some of the
best ferrents out there and time and time again you put your money and
support into the shelters and people that support it. This is an
opportunity to assist the shelter by participating in an event where
you will get a special surprise in return.

If you know anyone that might be interested in signing up their pets
please let them know, spread the word and let's make this a success
for Jean & everyone at Ferrets Unlimited!

For more information please visit the website at
http://www.ferretsunlimited.org/pet-pals.html or email me at

We are accepting registrations until Dec. 1st and will notify everyone
of their Pal by Dec. 7th.

Thank you,
Shannan

Join the Pet Pals Gift Exchange