From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 01:45:36 +0000
Hi Ya'll,

Just in case you thought or wished I fell of the planet, nope, didn't
happen.  I just had to put the computer out of its misery.

I am not sure what happened, but my mac is comatose.  Almost died.  Took me
8 hours to reinitilize the hard drive and put old sys software on.  Can't
run the cool netscape with all the plugins now and also had to wipe the
drive.  So, I don't have email addresses, or even mail anyone has sent me
recently.  I think the hardware is fried, as I keep getting bus errors with
only the sys software on it.  Any suggestions?  It is going to the doc's
next week.

So I do apologize if I didn't manage to get a response out to you.  If not,
then yak at me again and I will do so.

Of course, I am sure there are those out there who wished I didn't have
their email addresses memorized.  Teach you to make it something easy!!

On the bright side, gave me a darn good excuse for a new pooter.  He He.  It
arrives Montag am and then I will play play play.  More Power!!  AR AR AR.

Noni--does this mean I have worry about my car now?

Lisa- Oh goody, a fellow traveller on the Southern Sarcasm Highway.  Of
course, it is rush hour.  Moi?  Southern manners.  Why thank you from the
bottom of my li'l ol' pea pickin heart.  I think your kind comments may have
given me the vapors, they just went right to my head.  BTW, MP references do
not have to be explained.  I love them.  You should have been in my English
lit class last year, taught by a Scottish prof.  He was explaining the
imagery of death, in a Donne sonnet I believe, when all the sudden he said
"The salmon mousse." For the unawares, watch Python's "The Meaning of Life."

A dancing ferret gathers no raisins.

Maggie, just a pining for the fjords

and no, I use the terms guys generically and very politically incorrect.
One point for me