From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:26:47 -0500
My heart felt condolences to all who've lost their beloved fur kids, or
have ill ones.  I'm still working through the e-mails on Sally and will
answer each and every one.  I wanted you to know that we had a necropsy
on her.  She had lymphosarcoma in the liver, lungs, and I can't remember
the other spot.  The right adrenal was huge, left was getting there.  The
vet and I agreed that I kept her out of excruciating pain by releasing
her spirit on Tuesday, and I know she's well.  Thank you all so much for
you kind thoughts and words.

Now for a question.  A year or so ago I purchased a ferret memory box
from Widget's Halfway House.  I know Jim no longer has the shelter, but
does anyone know the lady who created these boxes for him?  I'm going to
need another one, I fear.

Alexandra, I read about your violet the other morning while getting ready
for work.  You know, I thought I was going to snort Cheerios out my nose!
You gave me such a great laugh!  And Tara, thank you-if you were a ferret
you could come here.  Heck, c'mon down anyway!

On the symposiums.  I had the great honor to attend Ferrets 2000, and
then Ferrets 2002.  I don't know if I'll be able to make it to Atlanta,
but I encourage you if you can go, please do so!  I met so many wonderful
people at both of these, and I've had the most awesome room mates.  In
Vegas Marsha Crowell, Wolfy and I were roommates, and they were so
wonderful.  In Toronto Pat Andrews and two other great ladies from
Canada.  I've gotten to meet my heroine, Randy Belair.  My sweet-kisses
and hugs to you.  I've got to meet Betty & James (Betty and her blur o'
fur) great friends!  Sally "I'm a ferret holic" Germaine, Judy Cooke,
Alicia Drakiotes, so many I can't begin to name them.  Meeting Jean
Carley in Vegas so was wonderful.  So folks, if you can go, I do so
encourage you.  You hear wonderful speakers, but the experience of
being around ferret folks is the most awesome thing about it.

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and =
 taste good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"