From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:10:14 -0600
I believe the magazine offers two different types of listings.  They have
their basic resource guide which costs nothing, or you can run a small
classified type ad with graphics even at a charge.  The last time I knew
what the local club paid for an ad it was about $60, but that was about 2
1/2 years ago.

I guarantee that the plain resource list is free though.  Fancy ran my
home phone number in the Critters USA magazine for 2 years even after I
asked them to remove it and use the club's phone number if they had to
run something.  I never asked them to run a listing with my name or phone
number nor approved the use of such a listing, and I certainly never paid
for it!  I'm not sure what resource they had grabbed to get their list,
possibly the STAR list since I used to appear on that list as a contact
(individual) back before there was an active club in the area.

So Randy might have to specifically ask to be included in the resource list
to have freebie info published, and he might have to ask more than once to
get it done right.  One other thing for him to note... even though the same
person was supposed to update the lists for both Critters and Ferrets at
that time, my info was removed correctly from one list but not the other!
It may take more than one request.

Debra in Fort Worth