Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 19:09:35 -0500
Well, I have a new baby, we named him smoo (shmoo) after li'l abner's
smoos, he is of course white, but has a stripe down his back and a ringed
tail.  I think he is wonderful, but the petstore I used to love and shop at
lost a customer, and with buying supplies for five ferrets and friends
that own ferrets, I hope it hurts.  I had always appreciated the fact they
didn't carry ferrets or supplies for ferrets, but when I asked they started
getting in yesterdays news, ferretone, vite, kibble, etc.  and so I brought
them business, one day I went and they had two ferrets for sale, older that
most petstores carry (this was good) and I didn't get on my soapbox or
nothin, but recently they got smoo, who is deaf, I tried to explain what I
had read regarding white ferrets and deafness and why he might be screaming
and biting and the only response I got was to watch these people hit him
hard on his nose repeatadly, so I bought him.  Not the most logical but I
won't do jail time.  This was a store I trusted, what got me, is the
hitting on the nose came from the "instruction" sheet that came with the pv
ferret, but what is hard to us and what is hard to a deaf, scared , 10 wk
old ferret are two different things.  By the way, he hasn't bitten any of
us, ever : )

Susan and her six (Mom! that wasn't the store that carried raisins, was
it!?!??)