Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:34:31 EDT
Do those of you who feed Bob's Chicken gravy to your insulinomic ferrets
add anything to the recipe or feed it as is.  I've been feeding Bandit a
mixture of Timmy's Recipe and Insulinma Elixir (sort of combined the
recipes and call it Bandit's mush) for quite a while now and he has been
medication free for almost a year now.  I want to switch over to the Gravy
and have made up a batch, but wondered if any of you add any antioxidants
or anything to it.

BTW, I was concerned about how my blender would handle chicken so I bought
a meat grinder ($40 at Lechters).  It worked like a charm.  After grinding
it, I put it in the blender for pureeing and had no problems.  It all went
very smoothly and pretty quickly.  So far, Bandit likes the gravy and
Merlin ate it off my finger (different for him, since he's such a raisin
fanatic).  I'm also syringe feeding it to Jasmine (watered down) -- I
wouldn't say she loves it, but she is tolerating it okay.  Bob mentions its
easy to digest, so hopefully if her problems are stomach related it will
help.

                                 Lucie

                        @-"-@
                    o00 -\o/- 00o