From:
Edward Lipinski Ferrets NorthWest FNW <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 02:12:38 -0700
Dear Ferret Central, ( & FML)
October 22nd, 1997, 02:15 hours

This is a request that you add to your listings of organizations and
ferret clubs our organization:
        Ferrets NorthWest  FNW  (Frettchen NordWesten  FNW)
        Location:  4321  86th Avenue S. E.,  Carol Lane,
                Mercer Island, State of Washington  Amerika USA
        Phone:  (206) 232-1228, both voice and fax.  To fax, establish
                voice contact first in order to enable computer into fax
                mode and allow 10 minutes prior to telefaxing.
        email:  [log in to unmask]     and/or    Edward

Ferrets NorthWest FNW is a ferret/other mustelid shelter, a breeder of
pedigreed, trinomialed, geneological-fixed named ferrets, provides dual
breeding capabilities of aspermic and spermic studding, can specialty breed
to produce reduced litter sizes, and is an educational entity dedicated to
providing the aspiring ferret owner with both informal lectures and hands-on
training/bonding techniques in an ECE-free zone.

All adoptions and services are by legal contract and are restricted to
qualified adult only applicants and environments.

FNW does not sell ferrets/other mustelids, but instead asks for donations
that are within certain minimums, depending upon the color and reproductive
status of the selected creature.

To bring ferrets and their mustelid wild brothers into the public view in
what we consider the best possible light, we put on three ferret events
annually.  1) The New Year Veterinarians Pot-luck Picnic Party held indoors
the last Sunday in January.  2) The well-known Ferret Frolics/Ferret
Olympics held outdoors on the beach of a Seattle fresh water lake the last
Sundays of June and August.

FNW is a not-for-profit org that has existed since 1981 and is financially
solvent, at least in terms of its obligation to pay federal income taxes.

Please place this notice:    Wir sprechen/schreiben Deutsch
                                          (We speak/write German)

Thank you, from Frettchenvergnuegen* Land !  Edward Lipinski, Director FNW

*FYI Frettchenvergnuegen is to mean, The Joy of Ferrets.  This term was
stolen by FNW from the Volkswagen commercial of a few years ago; you may
recall it as, Fahrvergnuegen: The joy of driving (Presumably a Volkswagen).
Edward removed the word for driving: Fahren, and simply substituted the
German word for ferret, das Frettchen.  Thus we have our FNW secret
password: You say Frettchen to a person, and if he replies, Vergnuegen!
then you know he's one of us.

Aha.