From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 11:52:47 -0400
>From:    David and Serena <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret names and colors

Did I hear someone call?

>we have two fuzzies, Calliope and Zen.  I was also wondering if someone
>could help me figure out what color-types these guys are.

I just had to notice that name...

>Calliope has cream colored underfur, and dark brown guard hair.  On her
>stomach and legs, however, she has white guard hair as well.  She also has
>a throat patch and four white feet.

Dark brown?  Like black coffee or like a chocolate bar.  That would mean
sable or chocolate.  The white guard hairs on the stomach and legs could
be roaning.  The throat patch is a bib.  The white feet are mitts.  Are
there white spots on the rear knees?  Anything on the back of the head?

Probably Calliope is a Sable Mitt.  (or a Chocolate Mitt)

>Zen is mostly white with very little mask(mostly just a bit of grey around
>his eyes and a dark spot on top of his head).  He has a smattering of black
>guard hair all down his back; his belly and throat are a cream color and he
>also has four white feet.

Dark eyed white pattern.  (also called a light silver)

>From:    Sue Kocher <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Help, vets!  ?Distemper
>As you can imagine, distemper is rife in Turkey, and although I always
>wash my hands after handling any dogs, I know the virus can be brought
>in on shoes or clothing, or guests.

CDV can be airborne.  An open window could be enough.  I strongly urge you
get Rikki vaccinated.  Although Fervac-D is the only tested vaccine if you
can not get that try to get Galaxy-D.  It might not work having never
been proven but it would have to be better than trying nothing.

>From:    Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FML Transmissions/Port-a-Potties
>What do you all use for portable litter boxes in small carriers, shoulder
>bags, etc?

Try the plastic shoe boxes you can get at the various "$1" type stores.
Thats what we use for the carriers when we travel to shows.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://userwww.qnet.com/~killian/zen_home.htm