From:
"J Gordon Bengtson, CI-ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:17:14 -0400
I had tried a wide variety of things to keep the fuzz butts in the back
room (porch) but Pester had defeated everything I did. I finally found
an array of components that work.

For the glass sliding doors, I use a piece of particle board. That is 2
feet high and just wider than the opening. One end fits into a vertical
slot in the frame and the other end has devices I bolted to the frame
and floor to keep the top and bottom from being pushed out. To keep
Pester from 'walking' up the board I have a short piece of 2x4 bolted
in to fill that opening. That may not be needed where the particle
board does not allow claws to dig in so there is no traction for the
animal. But is there just in case anyway.

The other door (a regular hinged door) has a 2 foot high piece of
regular plywood just wider than the door. One end fits in between the
door back (hinge side) and cannot be moved in or out where the door
stops it on one side and the frame on the other side. On the other end
it just leans on the door molding but is held in place by a very heavy
plastic bucket of non clumping litter.

So far this defeats her. She cannot jump or climb on the face of
either. The particle board is best where it is just claw proof and I
may make a piece for the hinge doorway too. But for now I have success!

It took a bunch of tries but after finding how ingenious these guys are
I found what they were doing and one by one defeated the tactic. Phew!

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester

Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia  23111