Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2012 13:08:26 -0400
I am a big fan of pure organic coconut oil, its safe, healthy and would
remove the pitch just as well as any mineral based oil if not better.
Its safe for them to eat, I don't use anything else now for me or my
pets.

It is naturally antimicrobial, anti fungal and anti bacterial and
provides many health benefits. It helps prevent kidney stones and
facilitates absorption of calcium and even helps prevent tooth decay.

It primarily contains lauric acid, capric acid ad caprylic acid. The
lauric acid is converted in the body to monolaurin which is claimed
to help in dealing with viruses and bacteria causing diseases such as
herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and even HIV. It helps in fighting
harmful bacteria such as listeria monocytogenes and heliobacter pylori,
and harmful protozoa such as giardia lamblia.

I was dubious of the claims at first but have found it to be very good
and will continue to use it. It is safe to eat, cook with and put
anywhere on your body. It has cured some more minor skin conditions
for myself and my ferrets.

<http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil/page-2.html>

<http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/charles-mattocks/benefits-coconut-oil>

<http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/11/08/thyroid-health-part-two.aspx>