From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:57:34 -0700
Sandee,

Last night, we lost one of our long time residents.  Shelter mom was
rounding up kids for the night, and found Zeus curled up in a sleep
sack...he was gone.

Zeus came to us almost two years ago, when his teenage guardian no longer
had time for him.  We took him in and began to notice that he also had
some health issues.  Z-man was showing signs of Adrenal Disease, about
the same time that they "no longer had time".

We got Z into surgery, and took out both adrenal glands due to large
tumors.  While he was recovering, he made friends with Linus and Daisy,
so we gave him the "run of the house" with them.  They were inseperable,
and could always be found playing, eating, sleeping or geting into
mischief together.

After I lost Linus, Z-man seemed to slow down a bit.  He didn't play much
anymore, slept more and started having episodes.  It turned out that his
body was not producing any hormones, and he would just "freeze up".  So
we started him on monthly shots to keep him balanced, and he seemed to
get by ok.

But time seemed to have caught up with him.  We saw him come out for a
snack before we left for work, and he seemed fine, nothing to worry
about.  When we came home from work, we took care of the other ferrets,
cages and feedings.  It wasn't unusual to not see Z-man for hours at a
time, since he was getting older.  When mom reached into the sleep sack,
all she felt was our buddy curled up and cold.

Sandee.  please tell Z-man that we are sorry that he left us getting to
say goodbye, and that we love him and will miss him.  Help him and Linus
find each other, they have some catching up to do.  Some of the other
kids will remember Zeus, like Chompers, Burton, Wiggles and many that
never got to know him.  Tell them all that we still love them and think
of them constantly.

Zeus
1999-6/13/05

Dad and Mom

Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from