From:
Debbie Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:16:46 EDT
Hey group!
Sorry I haven't posted in a long time.  I have been trying to keep up
with all the FML sends but things have been very tough here.

Condolences to all folks who have sent a fuzzy to the bridge and to all
who are sick, get well soon!

Just a little background info here so I don't get flames out the a#%.  I
had surgery in January to fuse my left ankle.  I got a Staph infection
from the surgery.  I have had 4 more surgeries since then and have spent
a total of 13 weeks on IV at home to get rid of the infection.  It is
still not clearing up.  My hospital bills keep mounting as we speak.

Now as to what I am writing about.  During this time I have been down, my
family has been doing the main part of taking care of my 5 fuzzies.  They
love them too but they just don't notice things like I would.  Merlyn is
a 7 y/o albino, had blockage surgery a couple years ago.  Now I noticed
that he has lost hair, all over but not the tail or back end.  He has
developed what look like bed sores on one back leg.  He is eating good,
pooping good and acting normal except for the hair loss and sores.
Didn't they notice any of this?  Nooo!

Danae is a 3 y/o sable and has lost weight drastically.  I have separated
her from her cage mate and she is on duck soup feedings 3 times a day.
She is drinking good and playing some but lists when she walks.  Her
poops are few and far between but look normal when she does.  Is there
anything else I can do for her to help her get her weight back?

I know I should take both of them to the vet but here is the rub, I
can't even pay all my medical bills let alone a vet bill.  If I can do
something on my own to help them that is great!  Otherwise, I will have
to let things go as they are with what I know to do.  Any ideas or
suggestions here?  Like I said, I don't need the flames just good advice
for my fuzzies.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!  You can respond to the FML
or to me personally.

Dooks and wardances to everyone!

Debbie in K.C. and the five fuzzy war party
Merlyn, Sabrina, Missy, Nix and Danae