From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:02:31 -0400
HI All-

I bet you think we have been lost in the weather change-- well not true!
The weather is cold we did get our first snowfall- but truthfully we are
as busy as ever though still unable to intake more ferrets into the
shelter.

Our beloved Judy who was making some progress with speech and right upper
extremities after a recent stroke suffered a setback - and had another
stroke incident yesterday during / after her visit with her health
professional....

Today she is having more difficulty with speech than she did immediately
following her stroke several weeks ago.  She seems to have greater
difficulty with thought to verbage processes as well.

I am trying to help her keep her composure and to remain calm ( though I
am most assuredly ready for heart failure myself).

Judy was able to locate another DR who has taken over her case as of this
afternoon.  She is still scheduled for her MRA on the 30th- and I will
still be there-- it is suspected that a small clot was propelled from a
location in her neck at her visit yesterday--

I am meanwhile praying that we have no further setbacks or complications,
so that we do not have to disturb the elder ferrets in residence there.

I will be in Manchester a good part of the day Sunday- and then will
return here to finish the shelter chores...

as you can expect these next few weeks are going to be very long and
exhausting Prayers and good wishes are certainly welcome.

Those who would like t send Judy a card and good thoughts may address
them to:

Judy W. c/o Ferret Wise Shelter
PO BOX 561
Marlborough, NH  03455-0561