Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:49:03 -0400
I rescue ferrets in the Albany area of New York and I don't know how it
works in the rest of the country, but the majority of my rescues are
parents giving up their children's ferrets due to LACK OF CARE.  There
was one instance where the girl didn't even realize her ferrets were gone
until she was put under house arrest a month later!!!!!!

I can't tell you how many of the poor things I had to help over the
bridge because of uninformed parents and irresponsible children.  There
was another instance where the girl left them without food for DAYS and
refused to clean their cage and the mother had MS and couldn't take care
of them, so she gave them to me.  There are two sides to every story and
if the parent (who actually lives with and knows this child) felt that
the animals needed to go who are we to judge?

Rescuers Keep Up The Good Work,
Lisa and the now Diabolical Dozen + 3