From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 12:58:13 -0500
I wouldn't put vanilla on ferrets where it can come in contact with the
skin, for the simple reason that it is a pretty strong skin irritant.
Ruth Winter, M.S., says in her book "A Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic
Ingredients" that vanilla is "a skin irritant that produces a burning
sensation and eczemz.  May also cause pigmentation of the skin".

Oh, and I forgot to add something to my post on colloidal silver early
(sorry).  Mel, you had described colloidal silver as an "homepathic miracle
drug".  Actually, I wanted to point out that colloidal silver is usually
used in allopathic dosages (the way amoxicillin, penicillin, etc. are),
not homeopathic dosages.  I have the feeling the homeopathic dosage would
be WAY to low to achieve any sort of discernable effect in a human or
animal.  Some people use colloidal silver in ayurveda, too, btw.

- Ela