From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:59:51 -0500
If there is no good reason for the fiancee to want the ferret given up
then I'd dump the fiancee.  People DO love again, and with marriage it
is a lot better to wait for the right one than to settle for someone
whose first impulse is NOT to do whatever will best please the other.
When the natural inclination of each party is the think of the other
one first and to get more pleasure from doing that than from thinking
of oneself it gives a strong basis for a marriage.  It is important to
not only be in love but also to be true friends.

I do know that there can be a good reason, though.  I know of some people
who have had to be hospitalized for asthmatic reactions connected to
ferrets (rare but it can happen), and there is even a journal paper on
one man who almost died of an anaphylactic reaction to one, so in that
case if the couple are truly suited...

It's a painful situation no matter what the circumstances are.

I just plain got the luckiest I've ever been in winding up with Steve.
Guess that more than off-sets the lightning incident... I never figured
I'd find someone so good at only 28 years old and get to marry him a year
later.  (This year will be our silver wedding anniversary on May 31st!)