From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 18:08:00 -0500
OK, I'll jump into the game!

Cognac: My cinnamon baby, I knew I was getting a cinnamon and expected her
to be a lot redder (more like Irish setter red), and had thought of several
names.  When we actually picked her up, I realized that none of the names
would fit, so I had to think of a new one.  Brandy seemed to be too
overused, and people would think she was named for the singer, so she
became Cognac for her color.  My husband calls her Cog-nak (two syllables!)

Taranis: (otherwise known as the terrible Taranisoarus) is a big MF boy
who's a sable blaze panda mitt wannabe - in other words, a mutt!  He has
kind of stormy coloring so I asked Maggie if she knew any good storm god
names, so Taranis is a Celtic storm god.

Sol and Luna: Champagne mitt cousins, you could hardly tell them apart when
they were kits.  So I wanted names that went together, and Sol & Luna
seemed to fit.

Karice: Albino jill, my husband invented the name and says it fits her.

Toccata: Abused pet store ferret, we were told he was a girl and we were
going to call him Cadenza.  But when we discovered he was a boy Toccata
seemed to fit him better.

Preen: dark silver mitt jill, another one where my husband made up the
name, only later he discovered the meaning (and it suits her).

Fog: Was a very light silver mitt when we bought him, "fog" colored, so
that's how he got his name.

Cowboy: Came through our shelter, almost went to Texas to be a stud, (hence
Cowboy), but stayed with us instead.

And there's Winter the white curly haired dog who we purchased in the
middle of winter.

Kurt & Sara Petersen FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot RUnning Round You)
http://members.igateway.net/~furry

Help raise money for the shelter!  Click on
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=5129