From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:13:37 -0700
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Reason I am here
>
>... I have posted questions thinking that with the 2500 or so
>membership, I would surely get some great advice.
>
>Sadly, I have not really learned much of anything.  The response is
>usually two or three people or more usually, none...

TG - I see posts similiar to yours from time to time and it breaks my
heart.  I suppose just like any other venue where people gather, cliques
do develop, but while there are people here on the FML who have known
each other for a long time, even if just through these posting, everyone
is welcome.  If you've posted questions and not received answers it could
be that people were busy that day - didn't read the FML or couldn't
answer or didn't see your question or they thought Lot's of people will
answer and I've got to do XXX - whatever.

I also understand your frustration with what seems to be jerks and
immature people who have to fight and argue.  Now I'm not talking about
someone who says something and someone else posts their opinion - a
healthy discussion of "here's what I think" is good as long as the
"others" don't take it upon themselves to call names or demean those
who differ from their experience or opinion.

I'm talking about people who DO call names and relentlessly hound or
demean another person.  I understand it happened about year ago when
some of the ICONs of the ferret world ran one woman ragged being hateful
to her and calling her vicious names and not just on this list.  They
followed her around to other lists labeling her with the most atrocious
titles - they were vicious.  They should be ashamed to have participated
in such heinous displays of hate, but they may not even realize how wrong
their actions are.  Some people just don't know better, others actually
think they are doing the right thing.  I know personally of another woman
several years ago who posted a warning about a breeder (ADV) and received
so much hate mail that she changed her ISP and dropped out of the "ferret
world" as it was back then.  Humans are a fallible animal who will
protect their pack (clique) even if they are wrong.  In the
aforementioned case the breeder did in fact help spread ADV across our
country, but because she was so well liked (until her "crime" was
understood) many people jumped to her defense and vilified the woman
trying to warn everyone.  - Human nature to protect your own.  <<sigh>>

SO YES TG, there are people on this list who will not grow up and will
not treat others and their opinions with respect, BUT there are many,
many more on this list who are very kind, very knowledgeable and who will
help in anyway that they can.  Consider the hateful remarks for what they
are, consider the people for what they are showing themselves to be and
ignore them.  And finally Please don't ever stop contributing your
kindness, your comments and your queries.  It is my opinion that It is
people like you who make this list worthwhile.  Thank you for being here
and for being one who prefers peace and a more tolerant view toward
others.

Vicki Montgomery Tricks and Treats Rescue
Greater Houston/Galveston Texas
713-472-6599

"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man
will not himself find peace." ~ Dr. Albert Schweitzer