From:
Rhoni Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:09:35 -0700
Several of you who have offered advice and moral support over my newest
rescue, Lwka, asked to be updated so I'm just going to post to the list.

Lwka was the starving ferret found by the roadside bleeding from a bite
wound and frightened.  The vet the Good Samaritan who picked her up took
her to thought she was a male.

Well in the last five days she has ceased to overeat and get sick from it.
She even looks to be filling out, slightly.  (I'm giving her high protein
food and vita-sol in her water)

Until today she mostly just ate, slept and used the litter box.
Occasionally I would take her out and she would snuggle up to me and fall
asleep.

Today she had ENERGY.  She explored and even did the weasel war dance!
She did several deathrolls and encouraged me to chase her.  Being deaf
she startles easy and I tried to make sure she saw me before I'd touch or
tickle her.  Seeing her happy and playful and all a ferret should be
brought tears to my eyes.  I am so happy she likes it here and feels safe
and loved.

She has a clean bill of health from my trusted ferret vet, so I allowed
the other girls to meet her, through her cage.  They were not allowed
full interaction for fear of rough play and the damage it might do to
her stitches.  Her new sisters did appear interested and non-aggressive.
Hopefully they will enjoy playing with one another when those stitches
come out.

Thanks to all who have helped me with advice and moral support through
this.  Lwka thanks you too.

=====
Rhoni and company (Nala: Hey we're a business not a company!,
Bronwyn: I could do with a lot less company.,
Ling-Ling: Huh?  Is there food involved?, Lwka: Play with me, play with
me.)