From:
Kit West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 20:57:29 -0400
Well, folks, it's finally happened.  (No, we went 'round the bend a long
time ago.  You know that.) Our household has grown to epic proportions
(perhaps I exaggerate just a wee little bit...but judge for yourselves).

We are proud to announce the arrival of the following warp drive units:

Antaeus (Tay) and Xena, a lovely pair of black sable 4 month old ferrets!

Xena has already lived up to her name.  Monday, Alexander came home to hear
rustling in the kitchen.  Thinking it was probably Jose Gecko looking in the
grocery bags for a quick insect snack, he went into the livingroom to count
noses.

"Gremlin, Tuck, Cadfael, Antaeus......." No Xena!  One of the cage bars had
been pulled inside the cage -- the little fitch had broken the weld!!!  --
and she had squeeeeezed through, leaving her moose of a brother behind to
sleep in his favorite place -- the litterbox.

Alex went back into the kitchen and Xena war-danced over to him, happy to
see her Dad.  I can't begin to tell you how happy we both are that we
ferret-proofed the place.  We had a video cassette slide -- all Star Trek
videos, no less -- and a rearranged bookshelf.

Our new cage is due in this weekend barring any problems.  In the meantime,
we've got enough clips to keep Xena safe while we're out (or is that keep
the videos and books safe?  <g>).