From:
Ken Nyren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:57:22 -0400
I second Carols opinion of the VitaMix being the gravy master. I used
an old stainless 3600 super for years and recently upgraded to a
newer model. Like Carol I debone and cut up whole fryer chickens then
pressure cook the bones, and run everything through the VitaMix, along
with all the other ingredients, see
http://www.texasferret.org/gravy.shtml
The kids all love it and it is great to watch the little eyes close and
the tongue start going as soon as they get a whiff. I mostly follow Bob
Church's recipe but with the VitaMix I can blend all the meat before
cooking so I don't cook it as long as Bob's recipe, I just cook it
until the pink start to gray.

I bought my VitaMix machines on e-bay and if you are patient you can
always get them used for less than $200. It is still expensive but I
burned out 4 blenders at $25-$125 each, in one year before I got the
first VitaMix that lasted 6 years and was still working when I got
the newer one.

Ken Nyren