From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:40:10 -0500
FHL: During their maintenance break Smartgroups apparently introduced
some new problems into their sites.  Please, bear with us as we wait
for them to get these straightened out.  Hopefully, by the time you
read this they will be fixed, but if not then hopefully soon after.
Thanks so much, Bill, for providing a way for us to let folks know!

>but his liver enzymes were elevated.  The vet said that could be
>consistent with ECE

Yes, ferret liver enzymes are thrown out of whack by having meals that
are too infrequent or not being able to digest food well enough as would
be the case with diarrhea.  You can read about that (both in short term
and long term aspects) in the section with the title that begins
"Confusion and Controversy..." at http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
It is an interesting read.

>Has anyone ever had swollen lymph glands with adrenal disease?  We
>are waiting for the biopsy results.

Yes, and usually things have turned out fine, but like you and your vet
we take the needed careful precautions.

Dogs and ferrets: we don't have dogs with our's but I have a cute story.
I knew someone who was selling some Boston Terrier pups who had been
raised with ferrets.  We had Spot with us at the time.  One of the
puppies reached out with paw and repeatedly stroked Spot on the head
as a human would do.