From:
Kelleen and the FANG Gang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 07:08:21 -0700
Hi,

I have a question regarding incontinence in ferrets.  Two of my boys have
this problem and they dribble all over the place and all over themselves.  I
recently went to a new vet (that I shall not return to) and he prescribed
the following : 1/4 mg.  of DES (hormones?) once a day for 5 days and then 3
times a week for 2 weeks then possibly 2 times a week forever more.

If 2 times a week is not sufficient they will get the 3 times a week dosage.
What is this medicine exactly?  Is it just called DES?  I am assuming it is
estrogen hormones as he mentioned that.  Unfortunately he just scribbled on
the bottle label and it is a bit hard to read:-) I would have asked for more
clarification but it was a bad experience all around as I posted the other
day.

Now is this a good, bad, common way to treat this problem?  Also does this
medication come in a liquid?  When I try to cut these tiny pills in fourths
they mostly crumble and I cannot be sure what dosage they are getting
exactly.  This vet seemed uninterested in finding out if it came as a
liquid.  Would a liquid be best for them?

If there is a better way to treat this problem please tell me about it in
detail.  I want to do what is best for them.  They are my own little boys
and will be with me the rest of their lives so I know they will get whatever
treatment they may need as I will be responsible.

THANKS SO MUCh for your time and expertise.  Kelleen & The FANG GANG (Most
especially from my two wee wee's Otee and Tribble who perhaps should have
been named Dribble<GGG>)

      Kelleen Andrews  &  The FANG GANG!!!!