Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:06:14 -0600
Hugs & Dooks to all!

I was in a Petland in Regina, SK recently and was horrified to see the
baby ferrets there with pine shavings as bedding.  I talked to the
workers in the store, the manager was out, and told them they should
remove them.  They told me that their head office in Calgary stated that
they were all right because they use " A special kind"

I contacted the Head office in Calgary and recieved a letter from the
Animal Companion stating they used "baked pine shavings" which were
quoted from a Vet in Calgary to be allright for ferret bedding.

Does anyone have any information on this, and if so please email me.
Thanks in advance.

These babies also never had any litterbox, food or dish and no hammies
for sleeping.  I also told the Head office Animal companion about this
and said I would be checking back to make sure these things had been
addressed.  I went back 1 week later and the litter box was back, the
food dish with food, but still no sleeping hammies.  These little guys
are sleeping in the pine shavings.  I have called her and left a message
so I expect her to call me back and I would like to be able to give her