Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 00:45:06 -0500
As you are aware, the remaining Rainbow World Exotics ferrets will be
turned over to Millie at the Texas Ferret Rescue in Balch Springs. They
are scheduling the delivery now. It is anticipated that they will be at
Millie's for about a month. This will give them time to be vetted and
vaxed, including ear mite and flea meds, as well as having time to get
the ADV test results back.

The ferrets will be getting the remaining food from the farm, which
will be helpful, but will not last forever. They are on Mazuri and
Zupreem, and Millie sells Mazuri, so they are set for the food at this
time.

She can get locally litter pellets ($6 per 40 lbs), and donation
dollars may help cover that. She could also use some large locking
crocks for the cages. (The ferrets tend to rip them off the cage or
turn over dishes if they are not attached.) See an example of the
locking crocks at
http://www.ferret.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=650721%20001

According to Millie, "We have put a lot of thought into this and feel
we are prepared for everything EXCEPT expenses." She said they could
use "hammocks, and toys, preferably carrying balls, dangly toys, even
the cloth tunnels they like to get in. Heavy linens like sheets and
blankets and such cost so much to ship and we really do get that from
the hospitals but fleece blankets and especially baby blankets are
good."

A member of F.E.R.R.E.T. will take inventory of items received and
an in-kind donation receipt is available. All items received will be
acknowledged. Items can be sent to:
Millie Sanders
5309 Wild Oak
Balch Springs, TX 75180

Total vet expenses are expected to be $3500 - $4000, the majority to
cover the cost of spay/neuter. Donations for the vet can be made
directly to the vet at:
Wendy Dearixon, DVM
2720 N. Henderson Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206-6636
(214-252-0800 for credit card donations by phone)
OR
Paypal donations can be made directly to Texas Ferret Lover's Rescue
(a 501c3) on the website: http://txferretrescue.org/ (donation button
on the left)
OR
Paypal donations can be made through SOS at
http://www.supportourshelters.org/SOS1.html
Donation button is halfway down the page on the right.

Millie concluded: "Whatever we get, after the crowd has gone, we will
wash and pack up to be shipped to the next rescue - yes there will be
more I am sure."

Stay tuned for additional updates.

--
Renee Downs
It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets the