From:
Charles Onken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:41:37 -0400
I live in Kissimmee, just south of Orlando.  We got hit by both Charley
and Frances, and now have to worry about Ivan.  My house came through
both storms just fine.  We took our two ferrets and our dog and spent
the weekend in the building I work in with two other co-workers.  The
building is cement block, and we felt safer there.  Slept on the floor
right next to the ferret cages.

The reason I am writing is that I did not see a note from Chere McCoy
today.  I have only met her once, but that was enough to see her
dedication to needy ferrets.  Folks, Chere is in the Vero Beach area.
That area got chewed on by Frances for over 36 hours straight.  Winds
over 100 mph and pouring rain.  If her trailer is still livable, I would
be amazed.  What I am asking is, when Chere is able to get back online,
PLEASE HELP HER!!!  I wish I could do something, but we have a couple of
storm related issues of our own.  Friends and family did not fair quite
as well as we did.  I am NOT asking for ANYTHING for us.  We will recover
in our little corner of the world.  BUT after watching non-stop local
TV coverage for almost a week, I am guessing that Chere, and others in
this area, will need help.  Please open your hearts, lay aside any past
problems, and do whatever you can for for them.  The ferret community
has many needs, but we have shown before that we also have a talent for
providing help where it is needed.

Thank you, pray for those affected, try to "wish" Ivan away.  We do not
need three hurricanes in 4 weeks.  Two has been quite enough.

Charlie, Aggie, Valentine, and Fifi....with Cujo, Bandit and Snowball
still alive in our hearts.