From:
Deb Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 22:03:27 EDT
Hi my name is Deb and I'm a ferretolic.  also a lurker on this list for
sometime now.  I have 7 of my own kids and foster alot more for the local
shelter.  II have a problem with one of my boys.  Chip(a 2 year old MF
Sable) came down with a flu bug about a month ago throwing up and running
poops seamed to get over it in a day or 2 but about 2 weeks ago started to
show signs of insulinoma or as I call it walking like a drunk called my vet
and he was put on pred.  our appointment was for tonight for her to see
him(yes she is very ferret wise and I wouldn't trade her for the world) I
found out to night he might have a tumor for he has also gone blind.  I'm
now making him as comfortable as possable.  I've seen a few other posts
that sort of have the same problem and would like to know what has happen
to those furkids.  give me some ideas on what I have in store.  Chip and
his buddy Dale came in as foster kids but shelter mom laura was soon told
that these boys are now mine I love them more then anything and will make
Chips days full and he will know that he was loved by at least one person.
Thanks for your help and support you can e-mail me personally at

Deb and the gang(Merlin & Wizard/Chip & Dale/Maggie/BJ/Windy/and 17 foster
kids who know they are love too)