Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2007 07:30:28 -0800
Last night I rushed my Webster, one of the albino triplets (pic on the
Tiles of Love Page) to the vet ER. I was certain it was a blockage, no
poo coming out, nothing going in.. He puked up the pumpkin I gave him
and that's when I pushed the panic button and rushed him in. It MUST
be a blockage...something that can be fixed, even if he needed surgery.
He is only one year and 7 mos. old as of December 17th.

The world seemed to grind to a halt on it's axis as the vet put the
xrays up on the light box and began explaining the findings. There was
no blockage. She was able to coax a poo and pee out of him. He has alot
of fluid building up in his chest, constricting his lungs, kidneys a
little swollen...although a blood test is needed to confirm, she said
that all of these symptoms are indicative of juvenile lymphoma. I've
read about it but never experienced it. I've had my heart break with
those that have gone through it, losing furkids from ages of 4 months
and up. I haven't had any young ferrets since I started rescuing 6
years ago. The triplets are my kids from the Miller rescue last year. I
have had them since they were 2 days old. Pink wiggly little wonders
with skin so transparent you could see their innards working through
their paper thin skin. Helpless, vulnerable little pinkys that I have
had the privilege to watch grow into giant fluffs of cotton. Our
babies. When I lost 9 of my personals this past year and no one seemed
to be interested in adopting those albino red eyed guys (Eeeee, they
look like rats)...I adopted the little cotton puffs myself. They are
together always and you can feel the brotherly bond they telepathically
share and even see it in their play as they anticipate each other's
moves. It's truly beautiful to watch.

Expecting an awful experience as ER vets go, I have to say these folks
in Hickory were wonderful. They were there waiting for me when I pulled
up... took Webster back before we could even fill out the paperwork
after I gave them the basic information. I will be taking the xrays to
my vet tomorrow for eval and bloodwork to confirm what we are looking
at, but I've already ordered the rest of the ingredients I need for
Timmy's recipe. The recipe that cured Timmy the ferret of terminal
lymphoma that spread to his liver. There will be no poisonous gut
wrenching chemo given. I will not destroy what is good in him while
trying to destroy the bad. I have cried my heart out but am now bound
and determined to stay positive and work toward saving him. My
spiritual friends send their healing energies through the healing
powers of Reiki and he will be getting holistic treatment only if this
is in fact lymphoma. Please keep Webster in your prayers. There is
healing in prayer, as much if not more than in traditional medicine.
He's too young. I don't know how this can happen to such a young soul,
especially during Christmas. I just don't get it.

Thanks All,
Kim and Webby

Kimberly Fox
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-tilesoflove.html Fundraiser page