From:
Nancy Waller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:06:16 -0400
Harley is 2yrs old, and on Sunday we cleaned his cage as usual, but since
we also have hamsters, and there were fruit flies from the fruit, my son
decided to spray bug spray in the animal room while the animals were out
of the room.  apparantly it was too much for Harley, and by Tuesday he
was not eating and by Wed. he was not drinking.  He lost weight, and by
today (Fri) when he was weighed at the vet, he weighed only 1 lb. 6 oz.
The vet checked the temp(normal) and gave him a saline injection, and a
tube of sweet flavored supplement to help the appetite.  I would like him
to eat more than that.  I boiled some chicken but he won't eat it, but he
is acting like himself again, but I am afraid he won't gain any weight.
Any suggestions?

Nancy