From:
Sharon Gilliss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 04:04:09 EDT
I have been part of this mailing list for about 8 years.  I havent posted
in quite a while.  But its time for me to need some advice or help.

In the past year life has went a bit downhill.  I am now seperated from
my husband, I moved back in with my Mom and then I got laid off from my
job.  Lets just say it all rolled downhill at the same time.  My Problem
is..  My Husband has the ferrets with him right now.  He Doesn't want
them.  He does not let them out of the cage nor does he clean up the
cage much.  My Mother does not want the ferrets in her apartment with
us and its a no pets apartment anyway.  Finding my own apartment is
unfortunately out of the question right now since I am unemployed at
the moment.  I have 4 Beautiful Ferrets.  I love them soo much.  I feel
guilty as hell that they are living the way they are.  It will also break
my heart in a million pieces to give them up.  I will if I have to, but I
really dont want to.  I know eventually things have to get better.  Do I
do what is best for them and try to find them a good home?  Do i try to
find someone to maybe foster them for me for a while?  I Live in New
Jersey if that helps with a solution.  I am not quick to give up ANY of
my Animals so please save your flames.  I have been the owner of ferrets
for over 11 years now and this is the first time I have EVER had to even
think of something like this.  Its just an unfortunate time in my life
and theirs and they are the poor things suffering for it.  Any

Suggestions will be sooo appreciated.  Thank You so Much!!

Sharon McLaughlin-Gilliss