From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:28:44 -0700
Lisette's posts about the little bald and burnt girl remind me of when I
was volunteering at a major children's hospital.  They would assign us to a
child whose parents couldn't or wouldn't visit their child in the hospital.
I had the honor of being assigned to "the child from hell" as she was
referred to.  She was 2 1/2 years old and weighed about 15 pounds.  She
was born with liver cancer, congenital heart disease, ears that were fused
shut, and cataracts.  Her teeth were rotted to the gums, she had a feeding
tube sticking out of her abdomen, a few tufts of hair left from the chemo
treatments, and I have to admit, she was one of the most unattractive
little ones I had ever seen.  God, how I grew to love and respect her.  The
spirit in that little body after what she had been through medically, all
on her own, as her mother would simply drop her off at the hospital, was
absolutely incredible.  Her name was Viviana and that is the name that
comes to my mind when I read about Lisette's latest rescue.  Beauty truly
does come from the inside, and Lisette obviously already knows that.

And then there's Drag, another one with everything going against him
except for one thing -- he's got CJ on his side.  He's one lucky ferret.
My thoughts are with both of these special ones.

Posted anonomously to protect the innocent in CA

[DH]