From:
Travis Livieri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:23:40 -0600
Greetings FMLers-

Several folks have asked me if I was in Canada for the recent
black-footed ferret release and how it went. Well you can read all
about it in my latest blog! Check it out at:
<http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/critter-blog/ferret-field-blog/livieri-default.aspx>

And don't be afraid to leave a comment!  I really enjoy hearing YOUR
thoughts.

And when you're done reading the blog you can see a great little video
by Discovery Channel Canada. Fast forward to about the 6:40 mark to see
the story about black-footed ferrets and the wonderful folks at the
Toronto Zoo.
http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/#clip225278

And for an update on the battle against plague in Conata Basin, South
Dakota you can read a recent news story at:
<http://cbs4denver.com/wireapnewswy/Wildlife.officials.say.2.1269548.html>

Sometimes environmental groups can actually hinder endangered species
recovery, such as the case in Wyoming this fall when a release of
black-footed ferrets into a new area on private lands was cancelled
because of a lawsuit by environmental groups.
<http://www.trib.com/news/state-and-regional/article_48dedc3d-5905-5c56-b82c-12b7deca8652.html>

I hope YOU and YOUR ferrets are doing well. Thank you for your support,
from the bottom of my heart!

Cheers,
Travis

Travis Livieri