From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:07:52 -0500
>Bought a ferret from me.She returned it because "someone" told her it had
>ADV and waardenburg markers(roaning chocolate female)So, We tested her,
>her mother, her grandparesnts,her siblings, and ALL the ferrets in BOTH
>ferretries.Guess what?  NOBODY HAS IT!

Why did she think of WS?  A chocolate without a blaze or white head isn't
WS-specific pelage, and I assume that's what you mean.  Did she do it
because of the roaning?  That's just graying or whitening with the years
like with humans.  The markings for WS are not acquired; they exist from
the start.  This confusion gets exasperating.

Can't and won't speak to the specific ADV aspect; all breeders and
shelters should test, anyway, no matter what they suspect or don't
suspect.  It's only fair and safe.