Date:
Sat, 25 May 1996 09:42:16 +0800
Thanks to all who sent such wonderful messages of support.
Flavia's antibiotic was ENROFLOXACIN,registered name BAYTRIL, oral, 25mg/mL.
The dose was 0.2mL once per day.  I kept her on it for 14 days although 10
days is more the norm.  It is new here in Australia, but I believe it has
been available for some time in the States.  Made by Bayer, it's known to be
effective for urinary tract infections.

Bear with me for one more Flavia story before I go.This happened before she
got ill.

Cru woke me at 3a.m.  by scratching at my feet and puting his cold nose
wherever he could find skin.  It was a most unusual thing for him to do but
I was so sleepy I did not respond and he eventually jumped off the bed in
disgust.  I dozed off again and dreamed.

I dreamt that Flavia was lost, and had been for so long that I felt sure
that she was dead.  I walked down to the back yard and saw some fabric lying
against the fence.  When I felt through it I found Flavia trapped in its
folds, exhausted but alive.  Then I woke up.

The dream had left behind its traces of joy at finding Flavia alive but I
felt a nagging need to check her.  I was so sleepy it would have been very
easy to go straight back to sleep, but this feeling of anxiety got me out of
bed.  I checked her usual sleeping places and found all the other ferrets
but no Flavia.  Puzzled, I stood in the hallway for a moment.  From the
dining room I heard a faint noise.  Turning on the light I was confronted
with the sight of Flavia half suspended from a lace curtain by one front
claw.  Judging by the mess around her she had been there for hours.  I freed
her promptly and held her close.  She was absolutely exhausted and it was
half an hour before she could move her front legs again.  After that she
quickly recovered, had a warm drink and spent the rest of the night cuddled
up in bed with me.  Cru got multiple cuddles for his part in the rescue and
the curtains were removed.

So what have I got?  A guardian angel, a field of electrical energy, plum
good luck?  I'll probably never know, but I'm grateful nevertheless.  Love
to you all from Shirley, Flavia, Cru and the six others.