From:
Ronald Rosson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 19:45:41 -0500
Hello everyone

I am fairly new to the list.  I just got a ferret 2 weeks ago.  I had
always wanted a ferret and when my friend that works at the petstore told
me she had someone who was looking for a good home for a ferret.  I jumped
at the chance and got the ferret, a big 3 story cage, shampoo, deoderant,
leash, carry bag, tent and tons of treats for free.  His name is Peede.  I
have read a little bit of stuff on ferrets but want to learn more stuff.
Can anyone recommend a good website or a really good book with tons of
information for newbie to advanced ferret owners ??

Do cats and ferrets get along ??  I have a cat (Junior) that is about 10
months old.  Sometimes when Peede is out playing, Junior will be his
curious self and come around and Peede starts to chase Junior (sometimes
with his mouth open).  Is he just playing or is trying to attack Junior ?
Also sometimes when Peede is playing around with his toys and starts doing
his "happy dance" or is in his tent with his balls, he sort of nips my
fingers.  Is this normal or do I have to train him not to do that ?

Is there a way to find out if there is a Ferret Club in my area ??  I
live in New Orleans and since it is a big city I figured there must be
one.  Thanks in advance for any help.  I have a feeling Peede is going
to be a handful so I am sure I will be posting alot more.

Ronald (human)
Peede  (liittle fuzzy ferret)
Junior (little furry kitty)