From:
"David J. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 07:55:36 -0500
>From:    PowerPage Communications <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Totally Ferret
   <snip>
>I have four ferrets and it costs me including shipping, $45.85 for a 20#
>bag.  That may seem like alot of money, but because they eat a lot less than
>the other stuff a bag lasts me approx.  6 MONTHS.  That's $7.64 A MONTH!!
>So actually, Totally Ferret is quite affordable....

You're lucky.  I have five little hogs who consume 20 lbs of it every two
months.  While I would always welcome a price reduction, its still worth it
to me over the alternatives as they do in fact eat it and not waste too much.

Just as a point of reference, we are friends with a local pet store owner
who did at one time start stocking Totally Ferret.  [They do not normally
sell ferrets but will obtain them by special order if someone asks.  They
had too many they had to accept back once the novelty of new ownership wore
off.] Anyway, at one time we could mail order it for around $42 yet their
distributor would only supply it to them at just under $50.  The result was
that its normal retail price was unacceptably _HIGH_.