Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:15:20 EDT
Hi everyone -- just wanted to update Silk's condition:

Silk has been doing phenomenally -- the prelone seems to be controlling her
disease well.  We are having her feeding tube removed today and the lowered
dosage of prelone (from 1cc to 0.5cc) has also had a positive effect on her
personality -- she is no longer so skittish.  Unfortunately, her biting
behavior has returned -- she nailed the docs, vet techs, the SO and almost
got me when I made the decision to clean her ears - luckily she got the
Qtip instead.  The bandage for the feeding tube has limited her range of
motion.

She is going to be on prelone the rest of her life -- and there isn't
truly an idea how long that might be.  The docs are deciding to call this
"Leukemia" based on her symptoms.  Her white cell count has leveled off to
15,000 and her red cells are back within normal levels.  Silk turned 1 year
old this month -- and she is a Triple F ferret, medium silver.

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
http: www.ferrethaven.org
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854