From:
Marrilee Minick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:29:13 EST
I read a couple of the posts regarding Jean and her trip to the Mills Lane
show.  As someone hailing from Reno, and having been to Judge Lane's court
to watch the proceedings a few times, I didn't have a good feeling about
this at all.  In the back of my mind I wondered what the show might be
plotting.  I know part of what happened was due to making the show
"watchable" to the public, and he can't be entirely to blame.  But I have
seen him on the bench, and watched his show a few times on TV.  He is
normally a little more fair, as long as you play by his rules and never
talk out of turn.  (never) They really make him look like a tyrant on TV.
The couple of times I watched him on TV, I wondered why he left the bench.
They make him appear foolish.  I wish things had went a little better for
Jean, but she did get to keep the ferrets.  That is the important part.

I also wish to say my most sincerest regrets to Jean on the passing of her
"speed bumping" ferret.  I am sure he will be greatly missed.

Kim and the gang in Reno