From:
Laurie L Jay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 13:37:43 -0500
Hi everybody - Been super busy here lately.  I'm just getting a chance to
catch up on reading the newsletter.  Thanks to whoever it was,(sorry I
didn't write down your name), who suggested that I give out my vet name and
address.  I'll do that at the end.  Just a quick update an Nosey... It was
determined that she was too sick to risk an operation.  The vet felt that
she would probably die under anesthesia.  A thorough exam was done which
found the following: periodontal disease, severe swelling of the lymph gland
in her chin, 2 eye infections and dangerously low weight, (she weighs less
than 1/2 kg.).  This, of course, is in addition to the adrenal disease.
There were numerous tests done, blood work, asperaton of the mass in her
chin, etc.  She is now on antibotics and other medicines and has already
begun walking normally!  The vet hopes that with proper care and the
medicines, she will be able to under-go the surgery she needs in a month or
so.  Thanks to those of you who have already sent what you can to help her
out.  Thank you, thank you!  If there is anyone who would feel more at ease
to send a contribution directly to my vet, here is the address:

         Yadkin Park Animal Hosp.
         Yadkin Park
         Southern Pines, NC 28387

P.S.  What DOES Dook mean??????

Love and ferret kisses; Simba, Bandit and Nosey