From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:48:28 -0500
Forgot to mention this in my last post: I've been home with strep throat
for two days (yuck) and I think the girls are trying to take care of me!
Oh, ferrets can't catch strep, can they?  Anyway, they're not used to
having me lie in bed all say, so they know something's up.  Illura sniffed
me very carefuly, head to toe, sniffed my hospital bracelet (went to the
ER last night), then went off to sleep.  We all slept for a while, then I
woke up to something moving my pillow.  I open my eyes, and there's Lola
standing right next to my head, looking at me very intently.  Would it be
anthropomorphizing to say she looked concerned?  It was like, "ok, ma,
you've been sleeping more than we have, what's up?"  Of course, her concern
didn't keep her from trying to get into the box of twizzlers on the table,
but it's the thought that counts I suppose, hehe.  I'm starting to feel
better, which is of course due to the fact that I have two such wonderful
nurse ferrets taking care of me and has nothing at all to do with the
penicillin I'm on ;-)

Rachel and the monsters