Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:15:00 CDT
Eating -Ferrets can easily get to the point where they want to be "hand"
fed all the time after an illness.  I syringe fed Prissy for the last
year of her life, that was the only way she'd eat.  You might try crushing
her hard food into a powder and adding it to the mixture which would
make it thicker.  Graduate your crushing until she is actually eating
normal size pieces (slowly).  Ferrets will starve themselves if they
don't like what you are feeding them so everyone please be careful.  They
are so tiny it doesn't long to cause a problem.

Happy home - People are amazed how all in our household get along.
No one is caged and even incoming ferrets mingle with the regulars.  We
do have our occassional squabbles and I use Sunbreeze on the back of
the necks so they leave each other alone.  Chris at OFA douses hers
with linatone or ferretone and lets them lick it off each other.  I
tried it but could go through a gallon trying to get them to quit fussing
after each dose of linatone was licked clean.  Might work well for some,
depending on your ferrets.  Meeting on neutral territory has helped some.

Permission - Blanket permission to reprint any of my posts.  Same goes
for our newsletter as long as authors are credited.

Hugs to all.  Extras to ferrets who are ill, going into surgery and
recovering from surgery and their families.  tle