Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:17:56 EDT
I need to thank some charitable and merciful people for their sizable
donations:

I have done so privately, but also want all of you to know that their are
some wondrous people out there.

THANK YOU to Julie and Zoe C. from Ohio, Heidi and James ( I saw the letter
you sent to the hospital ) Pat D. and family, Gladys A., and Heidi L., and
the always beautiful Clark family.

As some of you know, I have numerous rescues.  Mini-Me had ear mites and
fleas that were supposedly killed before I took her out of quarenteen.  The
bills for all the animals being treated, and their exams, being retreated,
and retreated for ear mites with shots of Ivermectin, and now being treated
for fleas is over $1317.  Taking in a number of abandoned or abused animals
is not just time consuming-it is very expensive.  When you adopt a shelter
animal From the shelter-the tests, and eradication of mites and fleas, and
updates on shots is all done for you.

The cages, more bowls and litter boxes, emergency exams, 2 distemper and
the rabies shots, blood tests, w-rays, medications, and the surgery for
Mini-Me and Maria totalled another $1575.00.

I do not want any one wondering if caring properly a number of animals is
easy or cheap.  You give up vacations, new clothing, a nice car, a large
home, movies, cellular phones, new furniture: And unless you have a
supportive spouse or family--you have to do hours of work each and
everyday-no matter how you feel, or what other things have got to be done.

The people who donated know what I mean.  Their love for helpless others
that happen to have been given the name-ferrets- rises above "things" and
"free time" or "keeping up with the Joneses"

Who wanted to be a Joneses anyway??

Thank you for your donations.  I will be sending some pictures to the
extremeweezils shortly of little Maria, so you can see whose life you
helped save, and who so very many of you prayed for.