From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:42:29 -0600
My dog is a weimaraner and she is completely afraid of Mickey.  He's 2
1/2lbs and Penny (my dog) is 75 lbs.  He chases her everywhere.  When
I'm playing with him she barks at him and 1 time she tried to bite him I
think.  Thats why we keep Penny away from Mickey (he's the ferret, but
everyone knew that) all the time.  I think she's jealous.  She also tries
to pounce on him.  Good thing I grabbed him.  We also have a cat named
Annie and she hates him too.  I tried to tell Penny that Mickey was a
kitty but she didn't beleive me.  Normally she's really gentle but s he's
a hunting dog so that's normal.  My kitty hates me anyway.  Kitty hates
me be cause I was born and it's cold too.  She's jealous of me, we think.
She tried to smack Mickey.  She didn't have her claws out though.  As you
can see ferrets are not welcomed by my puppy or kitty.

I've had Mickey for a month and 22 days.  That's since December 3rd.  He
is still not litter trained.  It's gettin' kinda funky because he pooped
on my foot.  (I was trying to put him in his cage before he pooped on me.
He did that twice.)  I can't hose it out of his cage because it's -1
degrees outside.  He poops in his c age where I can barely reach it.
He was litter trained but not anymore.  He eats twice his body wight a
month.  Does anyone else have a 3 story ferret/animal cage that was 100$
but now is eroding because of the pee.  That's why I have that wood pulp
not wood chips in there.It isn't pine or cedar.  I think it is newspaper
without the ink.  It's all smashed up into poofy things.  The bag said it
was safe for ferrets.  But as soon as I use it up I'm not buying anymore
of it.

To add to the poop he tips over his water/food bowl.  He makes it fall
to the bottom floor, puts it right next to his poop.  And guess what?
He pees in it then tries to drink it.  I took it out as soon as I saw it.
I got a new bowl and strapped it to the side with those springs that you
put in the corners to stop him po oping.  Don't worry the one I used was
clean.  Marshall pet products makes them.  By the way, who else uses
Marshall food?  His cage is as clean as I can get it.  If anyone has any
comments on how to help me please write back.

He's sweet even though he bites so that makes up for it.  Can you tell I
just got my first ferret?

Heather and Mickey.

P.S. Mickey says hi to everyone.
P.S.S.  If ferrets are sold down the street from you they should be legal
in this city, right?  I did research and I couldn't find anything so I'm
asking you guys.  I don't trust my instincts much.  Thanks.  Bye.