From:
"Ingrid K. Lower" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 13:05:38 -0700
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>I have read that ferrets tolerate cold a lot better than they do heat.
>Could someone tell me what is a comfortable temperature for them.  I
>normally only heat my house to around 60f is this too cool for them?
>Posted anon because I don't want emails telling me what an evil mommy
>I am.
>
>[MH]

Well, I guess I am evil mommy then. :o)

When winter hits here, (Las Vegas, NV), my ferrets are in a small room
with a small window up high.  I keep that window open in the winter.  The
whole winter.  Temps here might get as low as 30.  Their room gets quite
chilly.

I give them cardboard boxes with lots of fleece in them with only a hole
big enough for them to get in.  They have a warm and dark place to be.  I
also put a rug or fleece under their food and water bowls so they don't
stand on a cold floor.

They grow nice winter coats they blow in the spring.

I say 60 is just fine.  I too don't keep my house too warm in the winter.
Being from Chicago, I just don't think it gets that cold here in Vegas.

Ingrid Lower