From:
Theresa Diduck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 06:49:39 -0700
Hi everyone,

I have a 5 1/2 year old female ferret that has been having odd stools since
about October /00.  They started as seedy, yellow loose or liquid stools
and occasionally were green tinged (this ferret was previously exposed to
ECE).  She would have solid stools inbetween.  Then gradually the stools
turned pale and had alot of mucous in them.  Again, this wouldn't be for
every stool.  This went on for some time and now her stools are a golden,
formed, but extremely large and pudding-like.  Recently she has gone back
to having a few diarrheal episodes with mucous in the stool, a few orange
and white bits, or a very soft brown/grey like color.  My vet and I are
absolutely puzzled.  We have done every test in the book, except for an
exploratory, which is a little frightening, because even though this
ferret eats well, her weight has been slowing declining by a 10-15 grams
every time I take her in.  Otherwise the ferret is happy and playful and
it seems like nothing is wrong.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this??  Would love to know.

Happy ferreting,
Theresa