From:
Pam Adey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:51:52 EDT
This "Fact" comes straight from the horse's mouth.

Hildy Langewis, who coordinates ferret rescue here in California, had
this to report:

"As of July 1, 2003, all California Inspection Stations are 'No
Inspection' except for commercial truck traffic due to lack of
budget/personnal.  Signs read 'Proceed, No Inspections'  The've laid
off all seasonals and closing some stations.  This was over a year ago
and I don't believe anything has changed.  We have not had any (border)
rescues since July 1, 2003."

Hildy went on to warn that the risk is still posed to commercial trucks
drivers.

Pam