From:
John & Shannon Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:13:49 -0800
I haven't posted here in months, but today we had to help Jasmin cross
over to the bridge.  He was not only battling insulinoma, but he had
recently developed another kind of cancer on his face and also on his
neck.  Our vet didn't think he was likely to make it through surgery.  Up
until a couple of days ago, though, he still seemed very happy, playful,
and unaffected by any of this, other than having less energy than he used
to.  But as of Wednesday night he quit eating on his own, and he quit
playing.  Then today he quit drinking, too.  We really feel he was trying
to tell us he was ready to go.  This is the first time we have had a
ferret cross over, and I have to admit it has already been a lot harder
than either of us realized it would be.

Sandee, will you please watch for Jasmin; he is a big silver boy, and he
will have his favorite sleepsack with him.  He won't know anyone there,
but he is the friendliest, most loving ferret I have ever known; so he
will probably fit right in.  He loves chicken baby food, and his favorite
thing to do has always been racing through the tubes.  Thank you.

John & Shannon, Sterling and Pandora

missing Jasmin already